Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Number 11: Red Flag - Russian Radio

At #11 we find Red Flag, in their second and final appearance on my Top 200. This time it's "Russian Radio", which for the past few years has also been my cell phone ring tone. From their 1989 album Naive Art, the track is another of Red Flag's driving, percussion-heavy synthpop creations. Like "Count To Three" (#119 on this list), "Russian Radio" was underappreciated when it was released - it appeared on the Billboard club chart but failed to make any other. "Russian Radio" is right up my alley, however, and has always been one of my favorite tunes from the time period. Turn it up loud and enjoy!

...and here's Red Flag live!

2 comments:

  1. It's like Depeche Mode ... with the Goth dial turned up to 11 and the Drum dial on 17

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Red Flag. Depeche Mode soundalikes who then morphed into some very nice goth!

    ReplyDelete