Sunday, October 15, 2017

Number 14: Blancmange - Lose Your Love

The #14 spot goes to English band Blancmange, made up of Neil Arthur and Stephen Luscombe. I have to admit I'm not a big fan of their music, with the exception of "Lose Your Love". The second single released from their third album, 1985's Believe You Me, the song reached a disappointing #77 on the UK chart. To me, however, it's a clear #1 in the Blancmange catalogue. I have "Lose Your Love" at #14 on my Top 200, the band's only appearance on this list.

3 comments:

  1. Blancmange were were a staple of every new wave club in NYC in the 80s, but mostly Blind Vision and Living on the Ceiling, with their 'in your face' vocals ... this is clearly the superior tune !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Blind Vision" is a good song. "Living On The Ceiling", "That's Love That It Is", "Don't Tell Me", not so much.

      Delete
  2. Another really good New Wave song that I discovered here!

    ReplyDelete