Saturday, April 14, 2018

Just Missed My Top 200: Belouis Some - Round, Round

After signing a record deal in late 1983, Belouis Some released his debut album in April, 1985. The self-titled effort scored him three UK hits: "Imagination", "Jerusalem", and "Some People", which hit #33 in Britain and #67 in the USA.

The next year, Some contributed his best song, "Round, Round", to the Pretty In Pink soundtrack. The track wasn't released as a single, but it's awesome and almost made my Top 200 list.

I'm a fan of all things Molly Ringwald, but Pretty In Pink isn't one of my favorite films. Here's the video anyway, if you want to relive the nostalgia (I keep forgetting Kristy Swanson is in the movie until I see that last scene).


Be back next week with another song that just missed making it. 

3 comments:

  1. Great song !

    And with PiP, the gap between soundtrack awesomeness and movie crapiness has never been wider

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just thought of another competitor for that title ... "Empire Records"

      Both had great soundtracks & magical front women but were otherwise pretty unwatchable.

      Delete
    2. Oh yeah that movie annoys the hell out of me.

      Delete