Saturday, April 28, 2018

Just Missed My Top 200: Peter Godwin - Baby's In The Mountains

Peter Godwin took the #20 spot on my Top 200 with "Images Of Heaven". Another great song by the English new waver is "Baby's In The Mountains", the lead-off single from his 1983 debut solo LP, Correspondence.

A dance chart hit upon its release, this song has been remixed many times for club play in dancehalls across North America and Europe. But like most things, the original is still the best. I did consider "Baby's In The Mountains" for my Top 200, but ultimately it didn't quite make it.

Godwin's ballad "Young Pleasure" (from the same album) is also great:






And "The Dancer" also rocks:



Be back next time with another song that almost made my list.


2 comments:

  1. Peter Godwin grooving around NYC ... that's Park Avenue he's jaywalking on with a drag queen at 0:20! Whereas I absolutely loved "Images of Heaven" the very first time I heard it (and still do!), Baby's In the Mountains took a while to grow on me ... but now I like it just as much - superb choice MD !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Was. Let's keep this thing going a few more months!

      Delete