Monday, June 12, 2017

Number 139: Gary Numan - Me! I Disconnect From You


"Me! I Disconnect From You" is the first track on Gary Numan's 1978 album Replicas. Released at a time when his band Tubeway Army was in the process of dissolving, the record is basically a Numan solo LP in all but name. In fact, some vinyl pressings credit Replicas to Numan only. Distopian and futurist, Numan was beginning to explore the territory he would later dominate with classics like The Pleasure Principle and his masterpiece, Telekon. Not released as a single from the album, "Me! I Disconnect From You" is one of my favorite Gary Numan tracks. I've slotted it in at #139. 

P.S. For those in Canada or other non-USA countries, the song should play if you click below.



2 comments:

  1. How was he not chosen to score the movie Blade Runner we shall never know

    ReplyDelete