Saturday, June 3, 2017

Number 148: When In Rome - Wide, Wide Sea

Like Cutting Crew, When In Rome entered the scene at the very tail end of the New Wave era - 1988. They had an even shorter career than Cutting Crew, producing only one eponymous album before disbanding due to musical and personal differences. They released three singles from When In Rome, including the huge hit, "The Promise". One of the songs they did not release as a single was "Wide, Wide Sea", which in my opinion was a mistake. I've always liked this track, and have it at #148 on my list.

2 comments:

  1. Another group like Play - an awesome release, so much potential, but they were one & done

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup. With some of these bands we'll always wonder what might have been. I can understand a group disbanding because of low sales or because they are dropped by their label. But when a good group is done in by "musical differences" I feel like they wasted their potential.

      Delete