Thursday, May 25, 2017

Number 157: Men Without Hats - I Like


After they hit it big with "The Safety Dance", Ivan Doroschuk and the rest of Men Without Hats released a string of other hits in their native Canada. Unfortunately, they didn't make too much of a splash in the United States, where the group is regarded as something of a one-hit wonder. "I Like" (which like "The Safety Dance", is from their 1982 release Rhythm Of Youth), got lots of airplay north of the border. Click above to watch the video, which was in heavy rotation on Canada's MuchMusic channel throughout the 82-83 period. I have the song at #157 here.

6 comments:

  1. Holy schnikees! It's another video with the jester dwarf and the mentally unstable girl! And Ivan is still making those bizarre movements. And someone knocked up the mentally unstable girl! Was it the jester dwarf ?

    Hopefully the best song on ROY makes the list ... ANTARCTICA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like Antarctica but...

      Delete
    2. Who doesn't !
      IT'S MY TURN... doot doot dootle dee dootle doo

      Delete
  2. There are several Men Without Hats songs I like, such as Moonbean, Pop Goes the World, I got the Message, as well as this song.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All great songs. Even their later rock stuff like "Sideways" and "Hey, Men" isn't bad.

      Delete
    2. I have "Sideways" on their Greatest Hats, but not "Hey, Men", so I'll have to check that out.

      Delete