Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Number 166: The Human League - Don't You Want Me

The first of several Human League songs on my list, "Don't You Want Me" is actually the band's biggest hit. The iconic video (shot in 1981) was played almost nonstop by MTV when that network first went live, and probably did as much to popularize British New Wave in the USA than just about anything else. There are other songs by Human League I like more than this one, but this #1 hit (on both sides of the Atlantic) has definitely stood the test of time. "Don't You Want Me" takes the #166 spot on my Top 200.
 

4 comments:

  1. So much emotion, so much passion... you only see this when a stalker is at the top of their game... he wants her so bad he's even wearing her lipstick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. It's a bit overplayed. And it's only my 4th favorite HL song.

      Delete
    2. It is overplayed, but it's the rare song that I can never get sick of. Well, I'm making my way through your countdown, so I'm glad that there are a few more HL songs in here.

      Delete