Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Number 180: Romeo Void - A Girl In Trouble (Is A Temporary Thing)


Romeo Void is a group that only had one Top 40 hit: you guessed it, "A Girl In Trouble (Is A Temporary Thing)". They released three studio albums, and this 1984 tune is, in my opinion, their best song. I dig the jazzy saxophone mixed with the bright, snappy drums and background synths. Lead singer Debora Iyall has an amazing voice, and the band sounds tight. They only ever put it all together on this one track, but it's a doozy! Romeo Void claims the #180 place on my Top 200.

2 comments:

  1. Certainly better than "Never Say Never" ... which was her philosophy when offered seconds, thirds or dessert

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dislike "Never Say Never", you won't be seeing that song on my list!

      Delete