Saturday, May 26, 2018

Just Missed My Top 200: Fiction Factory - Hit The Mark

Fiction Factory grabbed the #27 spot on my Top 200 with "Feels Like Heaven", their greatest chart success. "Hit The Mark", another song from the same album (1984's Throw The Warped Wheel Out), is one of my favorite tracks by the band.

"Hit The Mark" was never released as a single, a fact which illustrates once again the general uselessness of most music label A&R men. For a band so starved for hit songs to not even release a potental charting track is inexcusable.

The funky bass work and gutteral synths alone make this song one of Fiction Factory's best efforts. 

Ultimately, however, "Hit The Mark" Just Missed It!

Be back next week with another great tune that didn't quite make the list.

2 comments:

  1. Despite being a veritable encyclopedia of new wave data I have to admit I have heard this song, like it a lot and not for one moment realized it was FF. In fact I would have never even guessed it was them. I actually vastly prefer it to Feels Like Heaven ! Great choice MD!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Looking back, this really should have been on the Top 200.

      Delete