Thursday, April 13, 2017

A Welcome And An Explanation

Welcome! Marc D here. I will be your guide to my top 200 songs.

"Top 200 songs?" I hear you ask. "What top 200 songs?!" Well...as I said, my top 200 songs.

Not exactly top 200 New Wave songs. Not exactly top 200 synthpop songs. Absolutely not top 200 '80s songs. But some of all three of those things.

These are the top 200 songs that I like. That's all. After you see the whole list, and read my comments, all I can promise is that you will know what kind of music I listen to and appreciate. I make no claims beyond that.

A few disclaimers before we begin.

First, I like a lot more music besides the songs on this list. I like 80s pop, some 90s pop, some 2000s pop, some (very little) 2010s pop. I have an odd penchant for early 90s techno and rap. None of that is included on this list (except for some fringe 80s pop, I guess).

Second, as I said I am Canadian. Some of these songs will be unknown to US readers. I encourage US readers to check out some of the excellent New Wave that came out of Canada in the 80s. The country was second only to the UK in my opinion in terms of great New Wave output.

200 songs. 134 different artists. Ranked from the bottom up. It begins now. Hope you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment