Thursday, April 27, 2017

Number 185: Peter Baumann - Be Mine

I was too young to be aware of German group Tangerine Dream during their heyday in the mid- to late-70s. In fact, my cognizance of that synth-based experimental group was limited to the theme song from the 80s action series Streethawk, of which I was a committed viewer. One of the driving creative forces behind Tangerine Dream in the mid-70s was Peter Baumann, who went on to a successful solo career after he left the band in 1979. His seminal 1983 album Strangers In The Night spawned two singles, one of which was "Be Mine". I have this great New Wave song slotted in at #185, and we will see the other song later on this list.

2 comments:

  1. Kinda reminds me of Sparks / Gleaming Spires ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't really see it...but then again I'm not a fan of Sparks at all...

      Delete