Saturday, November 18, 2017

Just Missed My Top 200: Baltimora - Juke Box Boy

Jimmy McShane and Baltimora had a huge hit with "Tarzan Boy" (#96 on my Top 200) and a lesser hit with "Living In The Background" (#200). By the time "Juke Box Boy" was released, however, the group's star had begun to dim. A hit only in their native Italy and some surrounding European countries, "Juke Box Boy" was the beginning of the end for the new wave/eurodance band. While they would soldier on for another year or two, until the abject failure of "Key Key Karimba" and the second Baltimora album from which it came (1987's Survivor In Love), it was only a matter of time.

Here's "Key Key Karimba"...



...and here's "Woody Boogie" as well. After this I promise, no more Baltimora.

 See you next Saturday with another song that just missed my Top 200.

4 comments:

  1. As I recover from that near-fatal overdose of Baltimora it is occurring to me for the first time how much they must have been influenced by ABBA ... the euro-beat is indeed strong within Baltimora. I'm also wondering just how many colors he owns of that balloon suit he's sporting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice call on the Abba influence. As for the balloon suit, he had infinite numbers of them. Some sort of dimensional rift or portal produced them, I would guess!

      Delete
  2. You've gotta love his enthusiasm, anyway.

    ReplyDelete