Saturday, November 25, 2017

Just Missed My Top 200: The Cult - She Sells Sanctuary


Ian Astbury and The Cult had several huge hits in the 80s, including "Love Removal Machine", "Fire Woman", and my favorite song of theirs, "She Sells Sanctuary". An eclectic mixture of new wave, rock, and gothic influences, The Cult released awesome albums and blew the roof off live venues all throughout the decade. "She Sells Sanctuary" (from their 1985 LP Love) hit #15 in England and #11 in Canada, though strangely it didn't chart at all in the USA. It also just missed making my Top 200.

Here's a live performance of the song in Finland during their '86 world tour:


See you next Saturday with another tune that almost made it onto my list.

2 comments:

  1. THE CULT ... They do NOT mess around. Awesome song !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup. I probably should have found a way to shoe-horn this onto the Top 200. Oh well.

      Delete