Saturday, October 27, 2018

Just Missed My Top 200: Yello - Angel No


Given the time of year, I thought it would be fitting to end my part of the Countdown to Halloween with a song that's been a staple of just about every Halloween playlist I've ever made, "Angel No" by Yello.

Yello - Swiss duo Dieter Meier & Boris Blank - scored their biggest hit in 1985 with "Oh Yeah", from their fourth studio album, Stella. "Oh Yeah" appeared on the soundtrack of John Hughes movie Ferris Bueller's Day Off and was a top 10 hit in the UK while reaching #51 on the Billboard list in the USA.

Though never released as a single, "Angel No", the final song on Stella, has always been my favorite Yello track. Featuring fantastic guest vocals by Rush Winters and frenetic guitar work by Chico Hablas, "Angel No" just missed making my Top 200.

Well, that about does it for the Just Missed It series. Thanks to my parter in crime, WAS, for helping me keep this thing going for a whole year after the Top 200 came to an end. Thanks also to everyone who read and commented. Look for WAS to finish off the Countdown to Halloween with his final Awesome Song entry coming up on the 31st.

Have a great Halloween, I will leave you with one final bonus new wave video.


I'll be back next week with a final wrap-up.

4 comments:

  1. Witches and ghosts .... scarrrryyyyyyyyyy

    Love Yello, very under-rated and under-appreciated .. which is true of so many on the blog!

    MD ... let's bring this bad boy home !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I always wondered if these guys had anything other than "Oh Yeah".
    By the way, I think "Oh Yeah" was also featured in the movie The Secret of My Success.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, Yello went on quite the run there. "Oh Yeah" didn't make my Top 200, but it would be on my Top 250.

      Delete