Saturday, July 7, 2018

Just Missed My Top 200: Freur - Riders In The Night

Was already featured Freur in his Awesome Song Of The Week series awhile back, with the awesome tune "Doot Doot". Another great song from the 1983 album of the same name is "Riders In The Night", which nearly made it onto my Top 200. In fact, at the time I was listing songs for the 200, I didn't even consider "Doot Doot", since for some reason I didn't care for it much until I listened to the track a few more times due to Was!

Anyway, "Riders In The Night" has always been my favorite Freur song, as it deftly straddles the line between new wave and 80s rock in a much more appealing way than many more famous acts.

I also enjoy "Matters Of The Heart", from the same LP.
Be back next time with another song that almost made the list.

3 comments:

  1. Well MD, it finally happened ! I had “Riders” teed up as the next Awesome Song! Excellent choice, a great song by Freur (despite them looking like possibly the most tragic Fashion Victims of the entire decade !

    ReplyDelete
  2. The greatness of "Riders In The Night" cuts across all boundaries, even the boundaries between human minds. Sorry to steal your thunder, Was!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries MD, just opens up a spot for another Awesome Song! I’m already having trouble winnowing them down, there are so many to pick from ! Viva La 80s !

      Delete