Saturday, July 28, 2018

Just Missed My Top 200: Information Society - How Long

Information Society grabbed the #92 spot on my Top 200 with "What's On Your Mind (Pure Energy)", their biggest pop hit. That song is from their eponymous debut LP, released in 1988. Another great song by the Minneapolis trio is "How Long", from their 1990 follow-up album, Hack. This lead-off single failed to make the Hot 100, but hit #20 on the US dance chart. It's always been one of my favorite InSoc songs, and it just missed making my list.

Bonus! Here's "Peace & Love, Inc.", another great song from Information Society, the title track from their third LP. It reached #10 on the dance charts in 1992.




 Be back next week with another incredible song that almost made my list.

2 comments:

  1. That first note of "How Long" hit me like a lightening bolt of Pure QUEEN Energy... both "Bicycle Race" and "Fat Bottomed Girls" start with the same opening blast!

    The are also first runner up to Freur on top fashion faux pas of the decade ... welding gloves, Cure hair and Johnny Cash as channeled by Flavor Flav... Jesus wept

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Johnny Cash as channeled by Flavor Flav"...almost spit my freaking coffee everywhere! Well done.

      Delete