Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Number 33: Dalek I - Dalek I Love You (Destiny)

In early 1980 Alan Gill's three-year old experimental band, Dalek I Love You (shortened to just "Dalek I" by their record company), finally got label backing and released their first album, Compass Kumpas. Sadly, none of the singles from the LP made the charts in their native England or anywhere else. "Dalek I Love You (Destiny)" is my favorite song from the group, a great minimalist synthpop tune that's somehow been overlooked in the decades since. It gets the #33 spot here in Dalek I's only appearance on my list. 

5 comments:

  1. If singles sold based on the monkey-spankability of girls featured on the sleeve... 'Dalek I Love You' would have gone multi-platinum

    http://shepelavy.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/dalekiloveyou_hypgnosis.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely not! The technical term is “discipline the simian”

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sorta sounds like the Doors meet John Foxx (or Gary Numa).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doors meet John Foxx, sounds like a good sitcom premise! :)

      Delete