Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Number 54: OMD - Telegraph

"Telegraph" was the last single released from OMD's 1983 LP Dazzle Ships. It's the third and final song from the group on my Top 200 and has always been my favorite OMD tune (and I like a lot of OMD tunes). "Telegraph" had a relatively disappointing chart performance upon release, only hitting #42 in Britain and not charting at all in the USA. I have the track at #54 here.

...and they still rock! As evidence, here's "One More Time", from their 2017 LP The Punishment Of Luxury.

2 comments:

  1. Always loved their killer poppiness combined with Thomas-Dolby-style engineering nerdiness ... I was always an old schooler, my faves being Enola Gay, Electricity, Tesla Girls and a track not even on their 'best of' - "Almost"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are all good songs (although I had to look up "Almost"). "Tesla Girls" is my favorite of that bunch.

      Delete