Friday, September 8, 2017

Number 51: Dear Enemy - Computer One


Ron Martini and Chris Langford formed Dear Enemy in Melbourne, Australia in mid 1980. A fixture on the sizzling New Wave scene in that city, the band eventually secured a record deal and released their debut LP Ransom Note in 1983 (the cover art for the record was one of the best designs of the 80s, in my opinion. I have included it below).


"Computer One", the first single off the album, rocketed to #15 in Australia and gained the band international attention. They released several more singles ("The Good Life" being the best) over the next few years, then quietly disbanded in 1988. I have "Computer One" at #51 on this list.

2 comments:

  1. Incredible that this song pre-dated Siri & Alexa by three decades ! When it was made they were probably looking at a Commodore PET

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes great music and ahead of its time (I don't have PET but I still have a working C64 btw).

      Delete