Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Number 47: The Buggles - Kid Dynamo

Trevor Horn and Geoff Downes released their seminal album The Age Of Plastic in 1980. It went on to sell six million copies and boost the entire New Wave movement into the stratosphere. "Kid Dynamo" is not a track from the album that was released as a single, but it's always been my favorite Buggles tune. I have it at #47, and it marks the second and final appearance of the group on this list.

Bonus: "On TV", from their second album, Adventures In Modern Recording (fan-made video). Another great Buggles tune.

4 comments:

  1. I'd be hard-pressed to choose a favorite from The Age of Plastic, but thanks to this post, I'll pull out my copy and give it a spin today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite on this album has changed often ... currently it is Clean, Clean - with its future-war Rollerball-meets-Clockwork Orange overtones

    ReplyDelete