Saturday, October 21, 2017

Number 8: Pseudo Echo - A Beat For You

Pseudo Echo debuted in 1984 with seminal album Autumnal Park. The Aussie new wave outfit sported sophisticated synthpop sounds blended perfectly with a guitar-rock edge. The best song on the album to my ear is "A Beat For You", which features fantastic keyboard work by Tony Lugton and top-notch vocals by frontman Brian Canham. The track reached #12 in their native Australia and #6 in New Zealand, cementing the band as a fixture of the new wave scene down under. I've always loved "A Beat For You" and often play it as a good example of they type of music I enjoy most. I have the song at #8 on my Top 200.

Here is a live version from Pseudo Echo's 1987 world tour.


2 comments:

  1. Driving beat ... hooky synths ... wailing guitar ... yearning vocals ... the best

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. Pseudo Echo are criminally underappreciated.

      Delete