Friday, October 20, 2017

Number 9: Spoons - One In Ten Words

My favorite Spoons song is "One In Ten Words", from their 1982 debut album Arias and Symphonies. It's one of the few classic Spoons tracks where Sandy Horne sings the lead vocals during the verses. The synth work by Rob Preuss is impressive, and the song epitomizes for me the new wave sound popular in Canada at the time. Never released as a single, I have "One In Ten Words" in the #9 spot on my Top 200, marking the Spoons' fourth and final appearance here.

Live performance from 1982:


...and they still rock! Here's a live performance of the song from 2012 (they add a bit of their 1984 hit "Romantic Traffic" there at the end)
 

3 comments:

  1. Well I never even heard it before but that is definitely my favorite Spoons song ! Awesome !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the Spoons may be my new favourite band this week ....

    ReplyDelete