Saturday, August 26, 2017

Number 64: Endgames - First-Last-For Everything


Two Scottish bands in a row! Paul Wishart and David Rudden formed Endgames in Glasgow in late 1979. Originally a rock outfit, they shifted to the New Wave sound by the very early 80s. Endgames released two singles before being signed to a major record label in 1982. The second of these stand-alone singles was "First-Last-For Everything", which reached #31 on the dance chart. The band went on to achieve moderate success in the UK, but never quite made a big breakthrough. I have "First-Last-For Everything" at #64 on my list.

4 comments:

  1. Another great song that for some reason alwaysreminds me of Play, maybe it's the desperate sounding vocals. This would be on my list too for sure

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another excellent and obscure (at least in my corner of America) song!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Should have been given more of a push, for sure.

      Delete