Monday, August 21, 2017

Number 69: Simple Minds - Don't You (Forget About Me)

The anthem of seminal 1985 movie The Breakfast Club (never say a bad word about Molly Ringwald around me, by the way!), "Don't You (Forget About Me)" became Simple Minds' biggest hit, reaching #1 in the US and Canada and #7 in the UK. Jim Kerr and crew were already stars, but this song boosted them into the stratosphere. One of the signature tracks of the decade, I have "Don't You (Forget About Me)" in the #69 spot in Simple Minds' second and final appearance here.

4 comments:

  1. Molly ... a ginger goddess

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I'm not the only Molly fan out there. I still say she should have wound up with Duckie though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm okay either way. Jon Cryer annoys the hell out of me.

      Delete