Friday, August 25, 2017

Number 65: Big Country - Wonderland


Stuart Adamson formed Big Country in Scotland in 1980. Their debut album The Crossing reached #3 in the UK and #4 across the pond in Canada when it was released in 1982. They would go on to release their follow-up record, Steeltown, in 1984 and that LP was also a huge success. Between the two albums, they released the single "Wonderland" in late 1983, which hit #8 in the UK, becoming their biggest hit to that date. "Wonderland" is a great song and I have it at #65 on this list, marking Big Country's sole appearance here.

Video below.

 

2 comments:

  1. I bought The Crossing on vinyl and then the Wonderland EP the day it was released. Great song although I will admit that I liked In a Big Country better - will take the bagpipe guitar over Stuart's Tarzan Boy howls ... song is still great though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like "In A Big Country" too but not as much. I like the howls!

      Delete